It’s blueberry season!
My family and I were so excited to be able to ditch the board games for an afternoon of blueberry picking. To date, it has been the most exciting thing I’ve done during quarantine.
I love being able to cook fruits and vegetables that are in season, so I’m excited to share this recipe!
These blueberry oatmeal bars are the perfect start to your day and will keep you satisfied until lunchtime. I love this recipe because it’s so easy and versatile. You can reheat them and top with almond butter or margarine (I’m a butter gal!) or you can just eat it as a snack to satisfy your sweet tooth throughout the day. Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy them!
BAKED BLUEBERRY OATMEAL
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ stick of melted butter
- 1 ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 1 ¼ cup oat flour*
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a bowl until they are a smooth consistency.
- Add in melted butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until combined. Then add in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour the thick batter into the square pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and store leftovers in an airtight container.
*You can make your own oat flour by blending old fashioned oats in a blender or a food processor until the consistency resembles flour.
*If you don’t have coconut sugar you can use brown sugar.
If you choose to reheat, top the oatmeal with a damp paper towel so it doesn’t get dried out.
EmililAnne is our in-house chef and foodie. She is a risk-taker and leaves a ray of sunshine wherever she goes. She is passionate about health and is on the journey to becoming a doctor. Currently, she fills her days watching kiddos, playing with her golden retriever, and being in community with fellow believers.
Follow along with her on Instagram @emiliannewheeler